Re: [E-devel] Window out of Screen?

On 12/28/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> If the start size of a window is very big, there's no possibility to
> lower the max size, because the default theme couldn't change window
> size at the top border (Why?).

i didnt' put a resize handle there after watching my parents struggle with
dragging a window by the titlebar and often accidentally resizing one, so to be
generous to people with less-than-stellar mouse skills, i simply didnt put one
in the default theme.

That's understandable.  How about allowing resize in the top-left and
top-right corners though, like in the lower-left and lower-right?  In
those locations you are not in danger of interfering with a user's
desire to move a window around.  There the actions are dragging the
border icon or closing the application.  Having resize handles there
would give us users pretty close to the same functionality as just
having a resizer area on the top of the window, which would help
reduce the need/desire for "top resizing."

--
_
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <chad.kittel@gmail.com>