Re: [E-devel] Add application key bindings from border menu....

On 12/21/2006 16:59, Christopher Michael wrote:
Ravenlock wrote:
Hello,

Here is a patch that will add a border menu item that allows you to
enter a key binding for the current app.

It utilizes the existing key binding config dialog.  When launched from
the border menu, it will immediately prompt for the binding.  It then
selects the "Defined Command" as an action, and fills in the "Action
Params" with the present app's command line args.

Quirks/Limitations:
Well, in short... the command line and args may not be exactly what you expect. For example, some apps are started via shell scripts. Firefox and Thunderbird for example. If you start them up and create a key binding in this fashion, you get firefox-bin and thunderbird bin respectively. This will not launch those apps (on my machine anyway). Additionally, complex command lines may not be as you expect either. Command lines with pipes and `command substitutions` in particular.

Comments welcome.

I know this is minor, but check that formatting :)

Not minor at all.  I'll clean it up.

dh

--
Regards,