Re: [E-devel] edje_editor: first snapshot!

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 02:53:28PM +0100, DaveMDS wrote:
> Aleksej Struk ha scritto:
> >On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 06:29:55AM +0100, DaveMDS wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>I have done a first  snapshot of the edje_editor source .
> >>this is the link
> >>http://www.gurumeditation.it/edje_editor-0.1-beta3.tar.gz
> >>

> >Well, the editor looks kewl for me. I think it will be really usefull.
> >
> >The only thing I've noticed, that when I add, for example, rectangle,
> >some new config widgets appers in the window, and main window changes
> >it's size. Unfortunatelly for me, the size of the main window became
> >greater than my screen resolution (1280x800), and the part of the window
> >go offscreen.
> >
> Yes, a know problem ( I have done all the work at 1600x1200 ).
> Some Idea?
> I have to change  all the  widget placement ?

First, I would propose to reduce the height of the "preview" widget.
Second, I'd place all the configuration widgets under the preview
widget, rather than under the groups/parts list. So, the following
scheme, when rectangle is added, should show my idea:

--------------------------------
|  |            |              |
|B |   Groups   |   Preview    |
|U |   List     |   Widget     |