Re: [E-devel] evas directfb make error

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:16:30 -0500 Michael Jennings <e-devel@kainx.org> babbled:

> On Thursday, 21 December 2006, at 11:59:00 (+0900),
> Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>
> > btw - non default enabled features are liable for breaks. i am
> > adding native colorspace support to engines and this necessitates a
> > lot of changes at the engine api level. i am seriously considering
> > removing engines that are not used by many people as it is a huge
> > amount of maintenance to do this to engines that are basically
> > unused (and dont magically inherit most of their api from somewhere
> > else)
>
> The problem I'm facing is not with evas but rather with ecore.  Things
> like EWL, for better or worse, link with every ecore library available
> (needed or not).  Case in point:  DirectFB.  Now all my E stuff that
> links to ecore is linked to ecore_directfb, and if DirectFB support
> breaks or goes away, I have a nightmare of yourmomian proportions.
>
> The ideal fix would be for stuff that uses ecore to not be so
> blind/dumb about it, but in the interim, I need a Plan B.

ecore_diectfb is orthogonal though. ecore_evas wont build dfb support if evas
doesnt have dfb support headers installed. and then dfb in evas is a runtime
support issue not compile time. the header is the only compile time need. now
if ewl links to ecore_dfb thats fine - it wont break. if u tr USE the dfb
engine runtime it will refuse as ecore_evas will refuse as it wont be able to
init the engine (module not found~ OR it wont have built support due to lack of
header - so this shouldnt impact ewl or ecore until runtime and then only if
something wants to use the engine.