Re: [E-devel] evas directfb make error

On Thursday, 21 December 2006, at 11:59:00 (+0900),
Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> btw - non default enabled features are liable for breaks. i am
> adding native colorspace support to engines and this necessitates a
> lot of changes at the engine api level. i am seriously considering
> removing engines that are not used by many people as it is a huge
> amount of maintenance to do this to engines that are basically
> unused (and dont magically inherit most of their api from somewhere
> else)

The problem I'm facing is not with evas but rather with ecore.  Things
like EWL, for better or worse, link with every ecore library available
(needed or not).  Case in point:  DirectFB.  Now all my E stuff that
links to ecore is linked to ecore_directfb, and if DirectFB support
breaks or goes away, I have a nightmare of yourmomian proportions.

The ideal fix would be for stuff that uses ecore to not be so
blind/dumb about it, but in the interim, I need a Plan B.

Michael

 "Narrow is the road and too high a price to pay when loneliness is
  such a sanctuary.  Empty are the musings and wasted are the days
  when you say you were only waiting."
                                  -- Jars of Clay, "Famous Last Words"