Re: [E-devel] etk - scroll - text_view

On 12/18/06, Atton Jonathan <watchwolf@watchwolf.fr> wrote:
hello ;)

I write a application with the ETK library. I need to add a scrollbar in
a text_view but my scrollbar don't appears.

My code:
                frame = etk_frame_new("hehe");
                        etk_container_add(ETK_CONTAINER(vbox), frame);
                        etk_widget_show(frame);

                        scroll = etk_scrolled_view_new ();
                        etk_container_add(ETK_CONTAINER(frame), scroll);
                        etk_widget_show(scroll);

                        abouttext = etk_text_view_new();
                        etk_widget_size_request_set(abouttext, -1, 300);
                                etk_object_properties_set(ETK_OBJECT(abouttext),"focusable", ETK_FALSE, NULL);
                                etk_textblock_text_set(ETK_TEXT_VIEW(abouttext)->textblock,text,ETK_TRUE);
                        etk_container_add(ETK_CONTAINER(scroll), abouttext);
                        etk_widget_show(abouttext);

I don't see all my text because the text_view's size is not enough,
that's why I want use a scroll bar.

Any ideas ? We can't add a scroll in a text_view atm ?

Hello,

Right now, Etk's textview does not support scrolling, hopefully we
will add it soon. Its advised that you make your textview fill and
expand (depend on what you want). For some examples, either look at
etk_test (the textview test in particular) in src/bin or check
Exhibit's about dialog (exhibit_menu.c if I recall correctly). Another
way, although not very elegant, would be to add the textview to a
scrolledview and manually resize the textview. Feel free to hop by
#etk for more help (=

Best regards,
hisham / codewarrior

--