[E-devel] export of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in e_start_main.c

Hi,

I just came to realize that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is exported during e17 startup. In my case (SuSE 10.1) it's set to /usr/lib. That caused me some headaches with ATI GL drivers (which are installed in /usr/X11R6/lib) as I didn't understand why they where failing to load: libGL from /usr/lib was used because of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

Although I could of course unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually, I wonder if this is really needed, i.e. is there any Linux distribution that doesn't have /usr/lib in the standard search path for libraries?

Best,  Nick.