Re: [E-devel] Evas GL engine patch

Selon "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>:

> > >	One thing though.. If one needs to have the 'viewport' and
> > > 'view matrices' set for each rendering pass, then I would say
> > > that this should maybe be done per obj, ie. in the internal
> > > engine render functions of each object... ?? Or does this only
> > > affect the way the gl render buffer gets 'put' on the screen?
> >
> > Yes, changing the GL viewport only affects the place where the
> > whole scene is rendered in the window. You can for example create
> > two viewports if you want to split the screen in 2 parts, like in
> > multiplayer games on game consoles.
>
> 	I see... Thanks Simon. Well, even if you think your patch
> doesn't put those calls in the 'best' place they could be, if it
> solves the current gl drawing problems then I'd vote for applying it.

Well... for now, it's really dirty: it resets the viewport each time an
update-rectangle is added by Evas (Evas does it several times in the rendering
process so the viewport is reset several times...). But we can easily do it
cleanly by resetting the viewport in a pre-render method of the engine API. I'm
just waiting raster's opinion about the pre-render thing (where precisely should
it be called in the rendering process? is there a better way to do that? ...)

> 	Maybe you and rene (aka. centipede) can get together and
> see if you guys can do something more for the gl engine... :)

I don't know much about OpenGL, all I do is dirty tricks. :) But when I have
more time, maybe I'll try to work on it. So if Rene is willing to work on it
too, that'd be cool :)