[E-devel] Why is it not up to the user to create GL context?

Hello again, and sorry for going silent. I had no internet access the last
three weeks. What's wrong with santa? I have been so nice during the year.

Thanks for the very elaborate answers on previous questions (which for my
part boiled pretty much down to "Ok, I'll just wait and see the outcome").
Anyway, first question to reopen the discussion of embedding OpenGL is
this:

Why is creation of OpenGL rendering context handled by Evas (or whoever it
is) itself? The user has a fine control of creation of X11 resources,
therefore in my eyes it would seem a natural extension to this frame of
mind that the user can control how GL resources should be handled also.

My motivation for asking lies in the concept I proposed last I wrote,
namely a video-processing framework based on a shared OpenGL context (i.e.
indirect rendering which will make it possible to use textures,
shader-programs etc shared between processes).

Thanks, Rene Jensen