Re: [E-devel] e17 screen lock

Aleksej Struk wrote:

> Both PAM services that you've listed uses common-auth service. I do
> not have such service on my gentoo machine. I suspect thatit is called
> system-auth and is configured as follows:
>

> auth       required     pam_env.so
> auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
> auth       required     pam_deny.so
>
> account    required     pam_unix.so
>
> password   required     pam_cracklib.so difok=2 minlen=8 dcredit=2
> ocredit=2 retry=3
> password   sufficient   pam_unix.so nullok md5 shadow use_authtok
> password   required     pam_deny.so
>
> session    required     pam_limits.so
> session    required     pam_unix.so
>
> Does your common-auth is similar to that I've listed above

Mine looks like

cat /etc/pam.d/common-auth
#
# /etc/pam.d/common-auth - authentication settings common to all services
#
# This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files,
# and should contain a list of the authentication modules that define
# the central authentication scheme for use on the system
# (e.g., /etc/shadow, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.).  The default is to use the
# traditional Unix authentication mechanisms.
#
auth    required        pam_env.so
auth    required        pam_unix2.so

This is what else resides in /etc/pam.d/:

ls -l /etc/pam.d | grep "^-r" | sed 's/^.* //g'
atd
chage
chfn
chsh
common-account
common-auth
common-password
common-session
crond
cups
enlightenment
entrance
gdm
gdm-autologin
gnome-passwd
gnome-screensaver
gnomesu-pam
imap
login
netatalk
other
passwd
pop
pop3
ppp
quagga
radiusd
rpasswd
samba
shadow
smtp
squid
sshd
su
sudo
useradd
vlock
vsftpd
xdm
xdm-np
xlock
xscreensaver

Although I'm developing software myself and are relatively familiar with *nices and system administration, I have to admit that I never cared to get deeper into the whole pam stuff (I never had problems with Fedora in this respect). So please be patient with me.

Thanks,  Nick.