Re: [E-devel] e17 screen lock

Aleksej Struk wrote:
> Screen lock uses PAM to check the correctness of the password.
> E checks if one of the following PAM services exists and then uses it:
>
> * login
> * enlightenment
> * xscreensaver
> * kscreensaver
> * system-auth
>
> Maybe that your problem is in PAM configuration

I thought about that too, but it seemed unlikely to me since both xscreensaver-command -lock and xlock work. As far as I remember, KDE's screen locking also works. I have xscreensaver and login in /etc/pam.d/, containing

cat /etc/pam.d/login
#%PAM-1.0
auth     required       pam_securetty.so
auth     include        common-auth
auth     required       pam_nologin.so
account  include        common-account
password include        common-password
session  include        common-session
session  required       pam_lastlog.so nowtmp
session  required       pam_resmgr.so
session  optional       pam_mail.so standard

cat /etc/pam.d/xscreensaver
#%PAM-1.0
auth     include        common-auth
account  include        common-account
password include        common-password
session  include        common-session

Is there anything unusual with this configuration? I haven't fiddled with the pam settings either.

Best,   Nick.