Re: [E-devel] Locale Translation of Enlightenment 16 (E16)

Daniele (Mastro) wrote:

Kim Woelders ha scritto:
There are some useful tips here:
http://wiki.edevelop.org/index.php/Translating_Enlightenment

You will need an e16.pot file. It is included in the source tarballs.
The one in the latest snapshot e16-0.16.8.5-0.03.tar.gz
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2) is up to date
wrt. current CVS.

ok tnx..
now i have the snapshot..
on the guide you give me speak about module to translate.. what are the
module to translate and where i can find them?

I played around a bit with poedit, and found it quite simple to use.

installed... tnx for the hint

First, I uploaded a new snapshot (e16-0.16.8.5-0.04.tar.gz) which
contains some changes in the translation department, so you should grab that.

Once you have unpacked the e16 tarball you can step into the po directory (e16-0.16.8.5-0.04/po) and start poedit. The file you want to make is "it.po". The first time you start poedit you'll have to create the initial it.po using "New catalog from POT file...". When you have created it.po you can subsequently start poedit with e.g. "poedit it.po".

/Kim