Re: [E-devel] bug in imlib2

	John Williams writes:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
> > > On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
> > > 	Clearly whoever wrote that stuff seems to have left things in
> > > imlib2 languish since no improvements or fixes have ever been
> > > sent on anything.   :(
> >
> > 	I don't think it's a question of lack of interest, it's lack
> > of *time*, and lack of more people who can actively work on things.
> >
> > 	Rather than 'give up on supporting this project' I'd say that
> > what's needed is further support and involvement.  :)
>
> If someone makes a contribution to your project, and the response
> is, "Yeah, we know that sucks, but we're not going to do anything
> about it at this time," is it any surprise that you lack people who
> are actively working on things?
>
> It seems to me that you are asking for support on one hand and
> rejecting the support offered on the other hand.

	I don't think anyone "rejected" your patch or contribution.
My comments were simply statements that, good or bad, happen to be
true -- as far as certain parts of imlib2 are concerned. I can say
them because I re-wrote most of that code at the time, and even knew
of most the bugs.. I just never had the chance to get around to imlib2
again and fix, or improve.. this or that.

	Hopefully, by pointing out that there was still a lot there
that could be worked on, people like you, and others, might feel
more inclined to actually try their hand at *actively* working on
these things.

	However you may feel about my personal comments, you are
quite free to continue working to fix and/or improve things.. as you
see fit with your time and such. I'm sure that it's highly appreciated
even if it may seem that your patch is not always jumped on right away
-- I myself have had to wait many times for quite a bit.  And, of
course, you are also quite free not to.

   jose.