Re: [E-devel] bug in imlib2

John Williams wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
	Clearly whoever wrote that stuff seems to have left things
in imlib2 languish since no improvements or fixes have ever been
sent on anything.  :(
	I don't think it's a question of lack of interest, it's lack
of *time*, and lack of more people who can actively work on things.

	Rather than 'give up on supporting this project' I'd say that
what's needed is further support and involvement. :)

If someone makes a contribution to your project, and the response is,
"Yeah, we know that sucks, but we're not going to do anything about it at
this time," is it any surprise that you lack people who are actively
working on things?

It seems to me that you are asking for support on one hand and rejecting
the support offered on the other hand.

As the maintainer of e16 which relies on imlib2 I'm definitely interested in getting bugs in imlib2 fixed. e16 doesn't use the line drawing stuff though, so I'm not familiar with that part of the code.

Raster usually sooner or later gets around to attend to imlib2 patches.
However, I think the code in question was written by you, jose, so if you could be bothered to take 2 minutes to check if the patch is good, I'll be happy to commit it :)

/Kim