Re: [E-devel] Usability idea for the file list widget

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:28:58 +0100 Andreas Volz <lists@brachttal.net> babbled:

> Hello,
>
> I like to E list widget. It looks really great. But there's a problem.
> If I go down in a long file list (e.g. /usr/share/ or /usr/bin/) the
> new found files are inserted in the list. The selected file does
> "spring" in the list while new files are inserted. I think it would
> enhance the usability much if this wouldn't happen.
>
> Do you understand what I mean? Or should I provide a video?

spring? like keep "flashing"? this is because as files are added fm2 has to
re-organise the regions and the code unrealizes and re-realizes them. it
doesn't keep the objects around as-is but is re-creating them as it's simply
easier to do this. it leads to the artifact you see though as the selection is
done via a signal and thus the signal gets re-emitted on realize if the icon is
marked as selected. this is more a matter for optimization that usability.