Re: [E-devel] evas: Howto prohibit antialiasing of fonts?

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:51:20 +0100 "Joerg Plewe" <plewe@access-sys-eu.com>
babbled:

> So no way to switch it of? I'm using evas for small devices where AA is bad
> for performance *and* quality in some cases.
>
> Can I compile evas in a special way to avoid AA?
>
> Thank you so far,

unfortunately - no. no way to turn it off. in theory the FONT can turn it off
(be a bitmap only ttf font), but evas has no options. also not the bitmap
rendering code is actually slower than aa, so it will not be a speedup. (it
goes through an alpha blending routine even if a bitmap and has to expand from
a bitmap to a pixelmap to render as opposed to being a pixelmap to start with
(with aa fonts~~. also you may find the problem is the font you are using is
not so good when small and your build of freetype is not rendering bytecode
properly. if you have freetype build and setup right good fonds like vera
should look clear even with aa (and only the rounded parts will be smoothed).

look at:

http://www.rasterman.com/files/border_e17.png

clear sharp crisp fonts - at a small size (that's with aa - aa done RIGHT).