Re: [E-devel] RFC: Proposed Config Panel Refactoring

Christopher Michael wrote:
Nikolas Arend wrote:

Comments welcome :)

Cheers,
devilhorns
I think that "Extensions" could lead to some user miss understanding and
 that they belong to Screen and Advanced sections.
How about changing "Screen" to "Desktop" or something? "Screen" sounds a bit like hardware/X-server stuff. Then "Shelves" (and maybe also "Modules") from "Extensions" would fit into it a bit better also.

Best,   Nick.

Well, "Screen" does have todo with X server stuff (ie: setting resolution). "Desktop" doesn't really fit there...if anything I'd think about maybe changing to "Display".

It was just a thought. I figured if "Shelves" and "Modules" would also go into "Desktop", most of the items then deal with designing/building up the users desktop. If "Shelves" and "Modules" stay where they are, I agree with you and "Display" would definitely be more appropriate. I would also prefer it over "Screen", which might be more correct in technical terms, but the so-called "average user" may find it more intuitive, IMHO.

Regards,   Nick.