Re: [E-devel] E CVS: apps/e devilhorns

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:34:57 -0500
Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Stafford Horne wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:57:03 +0100
> > Anders Troback <enlightenment@troback.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just want to say: Good idea :-)
> >
> > I now have to go through all categories to find what I am looking for. Its probably just me though. I don't mind much because I only look at... never.
> >
> As opposed to scrolling an exceedingly, ever-increasing, long list of
> the same options? At least this way, things are broken up into their
> proper categories, and for most people, should be easier to find. IE: I
> wanna change how the bg looks...hmm, Appearance maybe? :)

You are right, most categories are good already, but Misc and Advanced are too vague for most people. IE: I want to change language.  Is it in Appearance? NO, is it in Extensions? No! advanced maybe? Not that one. Ill just go to Misc... There is is :)

Well, I actually put language it into misc in the first place.  I just suggest that some one _smart_ (with solving usability problems) re-shuffle/add/remove categories to make a bit more sense.

-Stafford

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

          (Website) http://blog.shorne-pla.net/ (网站)