Re: [E-devel] Some TODO "enlightenment" please

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:42:33 +0200 "Chady Kassouf" <chady.kassouf@gmail.com>
babbled:

> On 11/27/06, Alberto <alberto@cored.org> wrote:
> >
> > 8<------snip-----
> > Perhaps you are right, that it was silly to suggest it, but this is why
> > I wanted to emphasize, making it an option within the theme's source
> > code, but since we are dealing with E's internal windows its probably
> > for the best that they are as flexible as possible. Thus i retract the
> > idea.
> >

> Well, unless it's also an option for the user to select, you're still giving
> control to the themer, not the user, and a lot of users do not like someone
> else deciding for them what they can and cannot do.

the main and really onyl reason i put this on the todo was that detour actualyl
has special theme setups for e internal dialogs and makes the titlebar seem to
blend directly into window contents. the problem is it assumes that that window
border is only used for e dialogs - which it isnt. this basically will allow
the themer to make borders work 100% as they want with the contents they
specifiy for e theme contents. for unknown contents (client windows) they can
put whatever bordering/edges/dividers they like between border and contents (if
they so choose to). :)