Re: [E-devel] Some TODO "enlightenment" please

Christopher Michael wrote:
Writting to try and get some clarification on a few TODO items:

* IBar will resize itself down to single icon size on start/restart under some circumstances.

Any use cases? Reproduction methods?

* make e internal windows (config panel, dialogs, config windows etc.) use special border styles by default.

Which style do we want by default?
Instead of using a border style that already exists, I suggest adding two or three new border styles, specific to internal E17 configuration windows. Their physics should differ from regular client borders.

For instance, dialog windows should not be re-sizable and they should not be allowed to shade. (they are the typical confirmation dialogs). Also, their border icon should probably match the confirmation dialog.

Configuration windows could use the no_resize border that already exists (if its suitable for the window) but with an extra flag, these windows should not be allow to shade. If you don't exactly agree with this, then I suggest you at least allow the themer to set this flag within the border's edc source with an option similar to the shaped flag.

data {
   item: "shade" "0";
}

* accidental DND removals of icons from ibar - make it harder by not removing if you do not drag it far enough away (put the icon back where it was).

Drag Delta?

* remove a lot of ipc commands that should be done via the gui now

Is this safe/ok to start doing?

* maybe look at improving config panel layout - list is getting VERY long

What direction do we want to go with this? Winblows "Control Panel" type deal, or something "enlightened" ? :)

Cheers,
devilhorns