Re: [E-devel] Some TODO "enlightenment" please

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:03:35 +0200 Виктор Кожухаров <vkojouharov@gmail.com>
babbled:

> В нд, 2006-11-26 в 04:18 -0500, Christopher Michael написа:
> > Writting to try and get some clarification on a few TODO items:
> >

> > * IBar will resize itself down to single icon size on start/restart
> > under some circumstances.
> >
> > Any use cases? Reproduction methods?
> >

> > * make e internal windows (config panel, dialogs, config windows etc.)
> > use special border styles by default.
> >
> > Which style do we want by default?
> >

> > * accidental DND removals of icons from ibar - make it harder by not
> > removing if you do not drag it far enough away (put the icon back where
> > it was).
> >
> > Drag Delta?
> >

> Something like the pager. It already has this feature, users are
> familiar with it, and it's configurable. a dialog otoh would be bad
> (users hate dialogs)

no - pager has nothing like it :)

> > * remove a lot of ipc commands that should be done via the gui now
> >
> > Is this safe/ok to start doing?
> >
> btw, why remove the ipc commands? Wouldn't it be better to actually add
> more? ipc is useful if you want to recreate your config somewhere else,
> with a script.

because it's a pain in the arse to maintain - a lot of config value are not
supported by ipc. it also means we have bugs. if u change a value via ipc while
using the gui all sorts of things can go wrong as now the state is
inconsistent. the gui expects nothing will change while its active. its going
to be a huge task to write it differently. also you can just copy your config
files across to the new system - they do work.