Re: [E-devel] Some TODO "enlightenment" please

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 04:18:04 -0500 Christopher Michael
<cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Writting to try and get some clarification on a few TODO items:
>

> * IBar will resize itself down to single icon size on start/restart
> under some circumstances.
>
> Any use cases? Reproduction methods?

I sent something to the list a while back describing how to reproduce
this.  Just tried it then, and it is still reproducible.  This works
for sure -

Create a shelf on the left hand side.  Make it below everything, and
turn off shrink to size.

Add an ibar to it, put lots of icons in the ibar, so that it fills the
shelf about half way.

Make the ibar automatically scroll contents, and able to be resized.

Drag the ibar to the middle of the shelf, make it slightly smaller than
it's contents.

Restart or start E.  The ibar will resize itself to the size of a
single icon.

Some of these things are probably not needed to reproduce it.  It's
just the combination I recall from the tests I did before.

> * accidental DND removals of icons from ibar - make it harder by not
> removing if you do not drag it far enough away (put the icon back
> where it was).
>
> Drag Delta?

I thought raster had already done something about that?  Personally,
I'd like to see an "Are you sure?".