Re: [E-devel] bad drawnig - invisible shelf

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 07:46:20AM +0800, Stafford Horne wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:52:28 +0100
> Wiesiek <efekty@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> > No. I need the clock "Above Everything" and it is the problem. It is so cool
> > - full transparency for mouse events.
> > Wiesiek
>
> I see.  There may be better people to answer this question but the
> ugliness caused by "above everything" is not because of E. The X
> clipping which E uses do not support anti aliasing.

With standard X, e17 uses shaped windows which cannot use anti-aliasing.
It's a limitation of the way X is set up. One thing you can try is
enabling the composite extension in your X server, using the bling
module (or xcompmgr) and run

enlightenment_remote -use-composite-set 1

This will give you what you're looking for. All warnings about stability
and crashes apply here.

metrics