Re: [E-devel] E17 in Debian Sid

2006/11/24, Falko Schmidt <kaethorn@stud.uni-stuttgart.de>:

Hi all,

Hi Falko ,

as some of you might have noticed, I'm trying to help out by adding and
fixing Debian packaging information in CVS since about eight months.
Meanwhile I took over Blake's Debian repository on edevelop.org which
now supports i386, AMD64, alpha and Sparc.

Some days ago Jan Christoph Nordholz < hesso@pool.math.tu-berlin.de>
offered me to have E17 uploaded to Debian Sid via his sponsor who could
sign the packages for us.

As there's still time before Etch will be released he will help me to
make the packages compliant to the Debian policy.

Are there any objections from the E17 Team?

I am the maintainer of the ubuntu repo hosted on edevelop, and with Maxence
Dunnewind (Sp4rKy), Daniele Favara (nomed) and Blake, we've created a team
on alitoh whose goal is to build up a debian tree for e17 that matches the
debian policy.
We are not listed on the debian packaging staff on enlightenment.org (the
page seems outdated btw), but we've been working quite hard to make a clean
debian tree. Usually, integration of such projects are made through teams,
and teams are usually on alioth.
There were many people packaging e17 for debian finally, and it makes sense
to merge our energies. Please have a look at
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-e/ . We'd be happy if you want to join
us in the team, and on #pkg- e@irc.freenode.net, so we can make something
good all together :)

Furthermore I'd like to know if people mentioned in the 'Porting and
Package Team' section on enlightenment.org are still active in regards
of Debian packages.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so it'd be nice if people tell me
if they don't like me messing around in their debian/ directories :)

Falko

Greets,
Albin Tonnerre (Lutin), in behalf of the pkg-e team.