Re: [E-devel] icons and svg icons

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:07:12 +1300 Jochen Schroeder
<jochen.schroeder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jochen Schroeder wrote:
> > David Seikel wrote:
> >> It works on a scoring system, so the higher you can get the score
> >> compared to other candidates, the better.  Window matching is not
> >> an exact science.
> >>

> > I'm still banging my head against this. Now I tried to get this
> > working using aterm because I could not get rid of this with eterm.
> > With aterm it's even weirder: Ok here's my aterm.desktop file:
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Type=Application
> > Exec=aterm
> > StartupWMClass=Xterm
>
> Just a note; WMClass = Xterm is what xprop tells me, I have tried
> with Aterm as well, but I get exactly the same results

I believe you can get Eterm to change the WMClass.  The best solution I
have found to these sort of things is to use the Eterm magic option
(sorry, can't recall it right now) that sets the class, name, and title
to something unique, then match on all three.

The main problem is that if they are all set to exec=xterm,
class=xterm, name=xterm, title=something_unique then there is not enough
uniqueness, because name and class together get double points in the
scoring algorithm.