Re: [E-devel] icons and svg icons

David Seikel wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:31:20 +1300 Jochen Schroeder
<jochen.schroeder@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry maybe I don't get it. Eterm -n ToDo sets the window name to ToDo
and then I tell e to match to that window name with:
X-Enlightenment-WindowName=ToDo
so I don't need a window title. This has worked for me before and I
actually have a second .desktop file which does the exact same thing
just with a different WindowName and that one works. That's why I
don't quite understand what's going on. Do I now need to set the
IconClass as well?

It works on a scoring system, so the higher you can get the score
compared to other candidates, the better.  Window matching is not an
exact science.

I'm still banging my head against this. Now I tried to get this working
using aterm because I could not get rid of this with eterm. With aterm
it's even weirder: Ok here's my aterm.desktop file:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=aterm
StartupWMClass=Xterm
GenericName=Terminal
Name=aterm
Comment=Afterstep XVT terminal emulator
Icon=/home/jschrod/.e/e/icons/eterm.edj

Here's my notes.desktop file:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Notes
GenericName=notes
Comment=Notes in Vim
Exec=aterm -name notes -e vim +"cd NotesWiki" +"e Home.vimki"
Icon=/home/jschrod/.e/e/icons/Notes.edj
X-Enlightenment-WindowName=notes

Note the -name option sets the window name and iconname. Now all the
correct icons are in the menu. When I start an aterm it comes up with
the correct icon. If I then start my todo list, this comes up with the
aterm icon. But even weirder when I then restart enlightenment suddenly
all open aterms have the notes icon. If I edit the icon it even tells
me, the name is Notes. I have tried setting IconClass, WindowTitle etc.
to no avail. The only window property the two windows have in common is
the the WindowClass. Either I'm too stupid to understand this, or the
scoring system is doing something really weird.

Cheers
Jochen