Re: [E-devel] E17 installer script.

On 11/16/06, Eugen Minciu <minciue@gmail.com> wrote:

Luchezar Petkov wrote:
> Well, there are some other scripts for that purpose, such as Raster's
> get_e.sh or easy_e17.sh. I've seen script for download/install E17
> from CVS even written in Python, but never in Ruby. So, thank you.
> Ruby fans will like it and maybe will help you to improve it.
> Also, you may be interested in EFL's Ruby bindings to write one very
> nice GUI app for us. :-)
>
> P.S.
> What's the license? BSD?
>
> Cheers.
>
> On 11/16/06, * Eugen Minciu* <minciue@gmail.com
> <mailto:minciue@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I've written a small script that downloads e17 from CVS and builds
it.

>     It's written in Ruby. Sorry if you don't like that :). You'll need
>     Ruby
>     installed.
>
>     It also does a few trivial checks for a few things (cvs, make,
>     automake,
>     autoconf, gettext, libtoolize, pkg-config, autoheader).
>
>     It's output is rather clean as it logs the command's output to a
>     log file.
>

>     There's a configuration file (which is written in ruby as well)
>     that you
>     can modify.
>
>     The source is commented and so's the config file.
>     If anyone finds this useful, or interesting or has patches or
>     whatever,
>     drop me a line.
>
>     Make it executable and run ./my_e or just run it with 'ruby my_e'
>
>     In the future, I will modify the script to stop when something
doesn't
>     build properly (or prompt the user or whatever). Right now it
doesn't
>     but a simple ^C will stop it.
>
>     Hope this is useful. Cheers.
>     Eugen.
>

> --
> Luchezer P. Petkov
Hi,

I've seen Ruby-EFL and I do plan to write a couple of nice apps with it.

Cool :) I'm looking forward

I just haven't had that much time lately (does this seem familiar? :) )

You can't imagine how much.. :-)

I can do a bit of C so I might try to do things in C as well.

Maybe you'd like to improve the EFL Ruby bindings?

And as for the license, yes, it's BSD

Cool!

(it says so at the beginning of the my_e.rb file).

Sory.. I'm just blind :)

Regards,
Eugen.

--