Re: [E-devel] ttf-dejavu fonts in default e17 theme ?

2006/11/13, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com>:

> > is any plan to change it - something like change fonts accordingly to
> > locale ?
> there are no plans to change the default font. you can change the font
> later if
it's not about not helping you - it's about changing fonts for an
inadequate
solution. vera is a good font with good quality and a decent size -
something
we can ship and know wil work regardless of the host system. if you have
better
fonts/font sets etc. on your host system you CAN use them - as you do
below.
the only thing we need to do is make that "automatic" on first run - along
with
a billion other things that need to be auto-detected on first run based on
the
system e runs on.

1. Thx. I'll wait and try to help myself. You are so close.
Where is it in source ? Was there a some discussion of this "locale"
solution?

2. yhm. History "decent size" :))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitstream_Vera :
"Currently, the DejaVu fonts - a derivative of Bitstream Vera - are gaining
the role as default fonts in GNU/Linux<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU/Linux>
"

Wiesiek