Re: [E-devel] Fw: Text color-classes in e17

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 03:40:17 -0500 Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net>
babbled:

> Brian Mattern wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:09:42 -0500
> > Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> This presents another issue in that what todo about precompiled edj
> >> files ala get-e.org? Ship a seperate file with them?
> >> Decompile/recompile? Etc, etc.
> >
> > they would just need to be recompiled. in general though, e17's
> > usability trumps any concerns about supporting old theme binaries...
> >

> Of course, of course. Not saying that...just pointing out that even if a
> given theme WAS current (ie: ok against current API), how to determine
> avail. color classes? Decompile/recompile? Extra File? (etc etc)
>
> "they would just need to be recompiled. in general though" .....my point
> pretty much :) Do we decompile/recompile at run-time to determine avail.
> cc's ? IMHO, no...too much work (read: procs) going on during startup.

hell no. if themes don't keep up - too bad for them. there is a reason e is
not EVEN alpha. we will make NO effort for backwards compatibility or "easy
transitions" during development. it is a waste of time to do so. any such
effort is a matter of convenience for devs alone :)