Re: [E-devel] Fw: Text color-classes in e17

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 03:40:17 -0500
Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Brian Mattern wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:09:42 -0500
> > Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> This presents another issue in that what todo about precompiled
> >> edj files ala get-e.org? Ship a seperate file with them?
> >> Decompile/recompile? Etc, etc.
> >
> > they would just need to be recompiled. in general though, e17's
> > usability trumps any concerns about supporting old theme binaries...
> >

> Of course, of course. Not saying that...just pointing out that even
> if a given theme WAS current (ie: ok against current API), how to
> determine avail. color classes? Decompile/recompile? Extra File? (etc
> etc)
>
> "they would just need to be recompiled. in general though" .....my
> point pretty much :) Do we decompile/recompile at run-time to
> determine avail. cc's ? IMHO, no...too much work (read: procs) going
> on during startup.
>
> Which leaves??

Decompile / recompile at runtime makes no sense. I was suggesting
adding a directory of color classes to the edj file format that gets
created by edje_cc when compiling (similar to the font dir, spectra
dir, etc). If there are OLD edj files that were created before this was
added to edje they would need to be recompiled (once, then released
again) or they wouldn't work. Simple as that.

Given that most themes don't even include color classes yet, its not an
issue.

Or am I misunderstanding the 'issue' you're trying to point out?

rephorm