Re: [E-devel] e17 eating all ram/cpu when using 'open with'

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, David Seikel wrote:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:51:29 +0100 (CET) Pomarede Nicolas
<npomarede@corp.free.fr> wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Pomarede Nicolas wrote:

using the filemanager, I associated the jpg file type with
'electric eyes' to view the image.
But then, quite often, when I double click on an image, memory is
getting allocated at a very fast pace, which results in a lot of
'brk' system calls and the machine getting unresponsive due to 100%
CPU usage to process thoses system calls.

At this point, only solution is to kill enlightenment process.

I made some traces with strace, but I can only see the 'brk' calls,
nothing else that seems erroneous ; is there some params I could
use to start e17 to get more traces to help figuring what went
wrong (I know the fm code is not finished, but I'm not sure this
behaviour is expected anyway ?)

Try it again with the latest from cvs.  Let me know if it's still a
problem.

The fix prevents the infinite loop, but now 'ee' is started without argument, so ee windows appears, but the image is not loaded (doing a 'ps' show only '/usr/bin/ee' instead of '/usr/bin/ee img.jpg' for example).

Nicolas