Re: [E-devel] Fw: Text color-classes in e17

Brian Mattern wrote:
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:09:42 -0500
Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net> wrote:

This presents another issue in that what todo about precompiled edj files ala get-e.org? Ship a seperate file with them? Decompile/recompile? Etc, etc.

they would just need to be recompiled. in general though, e17's
usability trumps any concerns about supporting old theme binaries...

Of course, of course. Not saying that...just pointing out that even if a given theme WAS current (ie: ok against current API), how to determine avail. color classes? Decompile/recompile? Extra File? (etc etc)

"they would just need to be recompiled. in general though" .....my point pretty much :) Do we decompile/recompile at run-time to determine avail. cc's ? IMHO, no...too much work (read: procs) going on during startup.

Which leaves??

Dh,

NOTE: rephorm...not trying to be a "buzz kill"....just pointing out some things...it's not personal :)