Re: [E-devel] ALT key and WIN key

Selon Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com>:

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:36:36 +0100 michelbriand@free.fr babbled:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > a small request for comment here:
> >
> > why not a new configuration item in Configuration Panel->Behaviour->Key
> > Bindings which would speel like this:
> >
> > [if basic]
> > "Default key for Enlightenment:
> >    * ALT key
> >    * WIN key"
> > [if advanced]
> > "Change all ALT bindings to WIN"
> > "Change all WIN bindings to ALT"
> >
> > This could sounds good for many people since ALT is often usefull in
> > applications (like The Gimp) and WIN is not used by default.
> >
> > Personnaly I use WIN key for ALL e16 bindings since I have a "win"
> keyboard.
> > This way I can use all the functions of ALT in The Gimp
>
> this is more a job for the e setup wizard (that is on the TODO) to set up for
> you the first time you run e :)

Anyway, just to share my 2 cents with people on the list...

Did you know that ALT key in The Gimp was very usefull ?
With the select tool you can grab and move the selection shape with
ALT+mouse_mouve.

I'll look into e startup wizard...

Poll: "What default do you want for the WM function key ?"
1-   ALT
2-   WIN
3-   other...

Cheers,