Re: [E-devel] bug(s) in ecore_x_killall ?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:39:04 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vtorri@univ-evry.fr>
babbled:

> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:04:50 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vtorri@univ-evry.fr>
> > babbled:
> >>
> >> 1) in that function, we loop over the screen, but that screen is never
> >> used.
>
> The fact that the screen is not used is not important ?

just useless - that's all :)

> >> 2) not a bug, but why a 'while' instead of a 'if' ? I think that a 'if' is
> >> sufficient.
> >
> > well the while makes it persistent - it will keep killing children of root
> > as long as there are any. once they are all gone - it will stop.
>
> ?? One call of XQueryTree is sufficient to get all the children (according
> to the man page). You do it *only* for the root window passed as argument
> of the function.
>
> Or else there's something that I really don't understand.

if you have a window manager and you click an immediate child window of root -
you kill the wm's window. wm's set things up so if they die - the client
windows get reparented BACK to root automatically. thus your first pass might
only kill the wm, and no client apps. the 2nd pass will kill client app windows
(and if you have nested wm's - which is in theory possible) those too - and so
on.