Re: [E-devel] E CVS: apps/e metrics

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:49:09 +1100
Metrics <metrics@score5.org> wrote:

> Well, I wasn't the one experiencing the segv, ni1s from IRC was. But
> through a whole heap of printf debugging (had problems with getting
> debug symbols to work), I managed to figure out that on his system, with
> a Swedish locale, locale_cs_canonic was being set to NULL earlier on up
> in this function. This for some reason was causing strcmp to SEGV.
> Unfortunately, ni1s was saying that this fix, whilst it allowed him to
> run e, meant that it didn't use his swedish locale, hence my mail to the
> list.

Sorry about all the debugging work. My IRC is currently being blocked by some firewall at my ISP so I have only been able to watch for mail concerning any bugs which may be related to my locale updates.

The segfault fix looks good to me but, It would be really helpful if I could know the exact locale string that ni1s was using.  i.e.
 "sv_SE.UTF-8"
 "sv_SE.utf8"
 "sc_SE.UTF-16"?
 "swedish"

I currently have a few speed optimizations added to e_intl.c and I hope I can get any of this resolved before committing.

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

          (Website) http://blog.shorne-pla.net/ (网站)