Re: [E-devel] bug(s) in ecore_x_killall ?

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:04:50 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vtorri@univ-evry.fr>
babbled:

1) in that function, we loop over the screen, but that screen is never
used.

The fact that the screen is not used is not important ?

2) not a bug, but why a 'while' instead of a 'if' ? I think that a 'if' is
sufficient.

well the while makes it persistent - it will keep killing children of root as
long as there are any. once they are all gone - it will stop.

?? One call of XQueryTree is sufficient to get all the children (according to the man page). You do it *only* for the root window passed as argument of the function.

Or else there's something that I really don't understand.

Vincent