Re: [E-devel] icons and svg icons

Metrics wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:09:02AM +1300, Jochen Schroeder wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed yesterday, that after updating e, there are some icon issues, svg icons don't seem to work anymore, although evas has svg icons enabled. Another issue is that some windows seem to "loose" the associated icons. One is my todo list which has the following .desktop file:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=ToDo
GenericName=todo
Comment=ToDo list in Vim
Exec=Eterm -n ToDo -e vim +"cd NotesWiki" +"e ToDo.vimki"
Icon=/home/jschrod/.e/e/icons/ToDo.edj
StartupWMClass=Eterm
X-Enlightenment-WindowName=ToDo

Now this one is a bit weird, the icon displays in the menu, but when I start it from the menu, sometimes the window gets the Eterm icon. Additionally if I restart e when the window is open and has the correct icon it will have the eterm icon after the restart. It still has all the other remember options set as before though.

Cheers
Jochen

The trick is in the desktop file definitions. Here are my two desktop
files, one for aterm and one for mutt. It should give you enough
information to make it work...

Mutt.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
X-Enlightenment-IconTheme=gnant
X-Enlightenment-WindowName=aterm
X-Enlightenment-IconClass=evolution
Type=Application
Exec=aterm -e mutt
StartupWMClass=XTerm
X-Enlightenment-IconPath=/home/bhillis/.icons/gnant/48x48/apps/evolution.png
Name=Mutt
X-Enlightenment-WindowTitle=mutt

xterm.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
X-Enlightenment-IconTheme=gnant
X-Enlightenment-IconClass=gnome-terminal
Type=Application
Exec=aterm
StartupWMClass=XTerm
GenericName=Terminal
X-Enlightenment-IconPath=/home/bhillis/.icons/gnant/48x48/apps/gnome-terminal.png
Name=Aterm
Comment=Run commands in a shell
Icon=xterm.png

Note the X-Enlightenment-WindowTitle matches the actual window title.
Hope it helps...

metrics

Sorry maybe I don't get it. Eterm -n ToDo sets the window name to ToDo
and then I tell e to match to that window name with:
X-Enlightenment-WindowName=ToDo
so I don't need a window title. This has worked for me before and I
actually have a second .desktop file which does the exact same thing
just with a different WindowName and that one works. That's why I don't
quite understand what's going on. Do I now need to set the IconClass as
well?
Cheers
Jochen