Re: [E-devel] E17 Configuration and Entrance

On 11/6/06, Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote:

What may be better (though not trivial, is to have an fm[2] like
interface (a kind of explorer interface)), kind of how M$ Blindows
Control panel looks like.
That way, you maximize to your hearts content, and still have a list
view, which you can scroll to your hearts content.

IIRC, there was a time, very early on in e17's lifetime, when it looked
like that. no?

Yes, thats how I initially coded it. Later on we moved to the list
widget, dont remember why. If we're going to use an fm style control
panel (a la Winblows), we need to either use fm's icon placement code
(how's that doing?) or create some sort of virtual folder thingy for
fm where we can specify what icons do? (ie, not simply launch the
associated app). Perhaps we could have some special internal mime type
that we can use? If we have an icon-view (generic) in E17, we can
simply move from a list implementation to an icon-view (or provide
both even) with minimal changes.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)