Re: [E-devel] E17 Configuration and Entrance

David Seikel wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:42:57 +0100 Essien Ita Essien
<essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote:

David Seikel wrote:
Also discussed recently was the possibility of having any .desktop
apps that have marked themselves as settings or config apps
included in the E17 config system somehow.  Exactly how was not
determined at that point.
yup... that would be the most trivial way to achieve what I was
trying to achieve.

Maybe E-config dialog reads those special menu's from a cache specifically meant for them, and that cache is maintained by the FDO implementation that you have going already?
So when you're searching for FDO menus, you maintain a special one
for them? I know you're busy, but for cheap motivation, if you
implemented that, I'll be an early adopter :p

And _everyone_ and his brother knows that there's no better way to
say 'We Love You David', than by being an early adopter :P

A better motivator is to figure out where these apps are going to be
displayed.  No point writing code until the design decisions are made.
right :)

/me puts on serious hat.

I would imagine that it would be better for *external config* apps so to speak, to be displayed unders an "Others" or an "Utilities" category in the Config Panel.

This ofcourse is because *i think* things would get messy, if we displayed them directly under MainMenu->Configuration->InsertAppHere, I quickly imagine everyone and his brother putting applications there, and having to scroll-down a long list of apps in future.

thoughts?