Re: [E-devel] E17 Configuration and Entrance

David Seikel wrote:
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:00:14 +0200 "Hisham Mardam Bey"
<hisham.mardambey@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/6/06, Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote:

2. What I would actually have loved, would be to plug it into e17's
control panel (in addition to the above? so that non e17 systems can
still use Entrance)
Now the thing is, is it currently possible to have a plugin that
just launches another app from the E17 Control Panel (I don't think
that it is).

If it is not, is it planned? Is it something that would be
desirable? (I think that it would be desireable)
We have discussed something similar in the past. What we need to have
is the ability for modules to add entries into the configuration panel
(should be trivial to do). Once thats possible, Entrance can have a
module that plugs into E17 and can do all sorts of magic including
adding stuff to the control panel. In regard to having a configuration
item in the control panel launch an outside tool, that should also be
trivial.

Also discussed recently was the possibility of having any .desktop apps
that have marked themselves as settings or config apps included in the
E17 config system somehow.  Exactly how was not determined at that
point.
yup... that would be the most trivial way to achieve what I was trying to achieve.

Maybe E-config dialog reads those special menu's from a cache specifically meant for them, and that cache is maintained by the FDO implementation that you have going already? So when you're searching for FDO menus, you maintain a special one for them? I know you're busy, but for cheap motivation, if you implemented that, I'll be an early adopter :p

And _everyone_ and his brother knows that there's no better way to say 'We Love You David', than by being an early adopter :P

Cheers,
Essien