Re: [E-devel] E17 Configuration and Entrance

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:00:14 +0200 "Hisham Mardam Bey"
<hisham.mardambey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com> wrote:
>
> > 2. What I would actually have loved, would be to plug it into e17's
> > control panel (in addition to the above? so that non e17 systems can
> > still use Entrance)
> > Now the thing is, is it currently possible to have a plugin that
> > just launches another app from the E17 Control Panel (I don't think
> > that it is).
> >
> > If it is not, is it planned? Is it something that would be
> > desirable? (I think that it would be desireable)
>
> We have discussed something similar in the past. What we need to have
> is the ability for modules to add entries into the configuration panel
> (should be trivial to do). Once thats possible, Entrance can have a
> module that plugs into E17 and can do all sorts of magic including
> adding stuff to the control panel. In regard to having a configuration
> item in the control panel launch an outside tool, that should also be
> trivial.

Also discussed recently was the possibility of having any .desktop apps
that have marked themselves as settings or config apps included in the
E17 config system somehow.  Exactly how was not determined at that
point.