Re: [E-devel] Building latest e17 from cvs.

jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
	I updated the latest e17 from cvs a few minutes ago and tried
to build it. I get the following message when I run autogen.sh:

  Running autopoint...
  cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag `gettext-0_14_6'
  autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.14.6 not found;
  this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.14.1
  autopoint: *** Stop.

	Ok, does it really *need* to do another 'cvs checkout' just to
run the autotools stuf, or is it just 'saying' this for some reason?
And will I now have to go download and install gettext version 0.14.6
just to get this to build?

	What was wrong with the old build setup?

For the time being, it seems that you can just set AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION version to 0.14.1 in configure.in. Run autogen.sh after that and things should compile fine.

Cheers,  Nick.