Re: [E-devel] Patch to allow caching of AC_ABSTRACT_SOCKET_TEST

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 05:15:27PM +0100, Jeremy Lainé wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am currently running into problems when cross-compiling ecore,
> because AC_ABSTRACT_SOCKET_TEST (ecore/m4/ac_abstract_socket.m4)
> cannot be executed when cross-compiling and does not allow to be fed a
> cached value.
>
> Attached is a patch that enables caching of the test result, so that
> you can run for instance:
>
> ./configure ac_cv_abstract_socket=yes

Would it be better to add a config option like
--with-abstract-sockets=yes/no?
That way it would show up in the configure help and not be a hidden
feature.

However, I'm not a packager, and I've never done cross compiles, so I'll
leave it up to others to decide which is better.

rephorm