Re: [E-devel] [e16] wanted: new debian package description

Laurence J. Lane wrote:
Below is the current description for enlightenment. I don't recall who
wrote it, but I would like a new one and I'm not terribly good at
writing descriptions. If you care to write one (and reflect the name
change to e16), mail me at my gmail account, please. Thanks.

 Enlightenment - the window manager that dares to do what others don't.
 It features KDE and GNOME integration, multi-program sound support,
 iconification, sliding desktops, docking, epplets, Xinerama support
 and much more. Enlightenment takes the concepts of themes to another
 level - everything can be changed. The visual components of themes are
 a rich set of graphical images in a variety of formats. Theme makers
 can unleash their artistic talents without bounds. Themes are not limited
 to just different colors and background images on the same old desktop.

How about this?

e16, also known as enlightenment DR16, is a window manager for the X Window System that is designed to be fast, powerful, configurable, and portable.

Alternatively you could consider using (parts of?) the description currently put in rpm's:

Enlightenment is a window manager for the X Window System that
is designed to be powerful, extensible, configurable and
pretty darned good looking! It is one of the more graphically
intense window managers.

Enlightenment goes beyond managing windows by providing a useful
and appealing graphical shell from which to work. It is open
in design and instead of dictating a policy, allows the user to
define their own policy, down to every last detail.

/Kim