Re: [E-devel] Newbie: let evas render to a memory buffer?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:31:51PM +0100, Joerg Plewe wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> I'm new to this list and quite new to Enlightenment as well.
>

> While making up a software design, I'm interested whether it is possible to
> let evas render into a memory buffer that can be read out afterwards?
>

> If so, how to?

Create an evas with the buffer engine.
The easiest is to use
Ecore_Evas *ee = ecore_evas_buffer_new(width, height);
Then you can grab the pixels with ecore_evas_buffer_pixels_get(ee);
(the return is an array of 32 bit ARGB data, w*h long)

rephorm