Re: [E-devel] several issues

Hi,

Replies inline...

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:12:42AM +0100, Jan Rychter wrote:
> I've noted several minor issues while using e17 on a Tablet PC (Fujitsu)
> and thought I'd report them here, as I can't fix them myself:
>
> -- maximized windows do not resize properly after an XRandR
>    rotation. Normal windows do The Right Thing, but maximized ones do
>    not. One has to unmaximize and then maximize again.

Can't reproduce that here. Works fine. Maybe more detail required with
regards to maximisation policies you have set (I have mine set to
Fullscreen).

> -- the shelf does not do the right thing either: to see all of it on my
>    vertically oriented screen I have to restart enlightenment while X is
>    oriented vertically. Otherwise I end up with some of its components
>    off the right edge of the screen,

Again, can't reproduce. Shelf on the right-bottom, top-centre and
bottom-centre move without issue. More info with regards to exact setup
and maybe some screenshots would be good.

> -- there is something fishy going on with icons. Application icons
>    regularly get messed up, e.g. I'd get the 'xterm' icon for another
>    app in the ibox. I can't really narrow it down (sorry) except that
>    they do get mixed up.

This used to happen all the time, but I haven't had it happen in ages.
Check that you have up to date CVS.

> -- apps like merlin or xstroke (handwriting recognition) do not
>    work. Windows flash briefly, then disappear, never to be found
>    again. It seems e17 is intent on hiding them somehow. These apps do
>    something particular about their window, as they normally appear with
>    no decorations under other window managers.

Can't seem to find sources for xstroke (xstroke.org appears dead). Link
for merlin?

metrics

P.S. Apologies to Jan for getting this twice.