Re: [E-devel] Subtitles in Emotion ?

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:44:07 +0200 Charles de Noyelle <mansuetus@spontex.org>
babbled:

> Hello,
>
> My post is about .srt subtitles in Emotion.
>
> I tried to look into the code, and I *think* that nothing is done to
> read subtitles. What I expected and look for is kind of
>
> EAPI void emotion_object_{subtitles,spu}_file_set ( Evas_Object *obj,
> const char *filename )
>
> I saw the "emotion_object_spu_channel_count(Evas_Object *obj)" But I
> could not figure out what it was used for... DVD's subs ?

yes - dvd subtitles are handled by libxine as video overlays - they do work if
turned on. there is no way to use external files.

> The thing is that needs some changes in Emotion EAPI, and maybe, a such
> thing is not wanted (read subtitles in Emotion).
>
> What do you thing about it? Would that be easy to do? Is it necessary?

i suggest first looking at gstreamer and xine api's to see if you can put it
there as the subtitles also need to be timed to the video.

> The point for me to do this, is to be able to read subtitled movies in
> "rage", which I just love :) (thanx raster)
>
> I made the first "patch" to be able to do so in this app... It enables
> rage to avoid the thumbnailing of ".srt" files.

thanks - though won't appply to my local rage src at all - i currently don't
have any time to work on this unfortunately :(