[E-devel] Subtitles in Emotion ?

Hello,

My post is about .srt subtitles in Emotion.

I tried to look into the code, and I *think* that nothing is done to read subtitles. What I expected and look for is kind of

EAPI void emotion_object_{subtitles,spu}_file_set ( Evas_Object *obj, const char *filename )

I saw the "emotion_object_spu_channel_count(Evas_Object *obj)" But I could not figure out what it was used for... DVD's subs ?

The thing is that needs some changes in Emotion EAPI, and maybe, a such thing is not wanted (read subtitles in Emotion).

What do you thing about it? Would that be easy to do? Is it necessary?

The point for me to do this, is to be able to read subtitled movies in "rage", which I just love :) (thanx raster)

I made the first "patch" to be able to do so in this app... It enables rage to avoid the thumbnailing of ".srt" files.

------------------------- 8< -------------------------------------------
rage-0.1.0/src/bin/bg.c bg.c
32a33,40
> int
> is_subtitle_file ( char *file )
> {
>    if ( ( strlen ( file ) > 4 ) &&
>        !strncmp ( (file + strlen (file) - 4 ), ".srt", 4 ) ) return 1;
>    return 0;
> }

48c56
<            if (file[0] != '.')
---
>            if ( (file[0] != '.') && ( ! is_subtitle_file ( file ) ) )

I know, it was kind of easy to make, and probably not well made... but it might help someone :)

--
Charles de Noyelle