Re: [E-devel] Larger diff against CVS concernig autofoo and debian/*

On Tuesday, 24 October 2006, at 12:09:11 (-0700),
Blake Barnett wrote:

> We did it because it was a support nightmare to explain why the main
> repository packages always took precedence, even though their
> version was lower.  It "works as expected" for users this way.

No, using an epoch version identical to that of "main" would've made
it "work as expected."  Now, you have the exact same problem, only in
reverse.  If anyone ever wants to return to main, they have to
manually intervene just like they would've before.

Michael

 "Backstreet Boys?  Why would you wanna do that?  Didn't you see New
  Kids on the Block?  Don't you know how this movie's gonna end?  I
  wanna know who's gonna be the 'bad' Backstreet Boy.  Who's gonna
  get Britney Spears pregnant?"            -- Chris Rock, 1999 MTV VMA