Re: [E-devel] Larger diff against CVS concernig autofoo and debian/*

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:59:36 +0200 Jakob Haufe <sur5r@gmx.de> babbled:

On 21.10.2006 03:57, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

a lot os stuff there - and on an initial scan over them i'd reject about 50% of what i see so far (cvs already fixed, weird version changes, changes in /etc location that don't match up with how verbatim autofoo end up
installing the files,  ...)

I suppose the version change you mention is the strange "1:" in the
enlightenment package. The problem is the version of e16 in the debian, which has this "1:". So dpkg always thinks, that e17 is older than e16

oh = hoorray for packaging stupidity. at no point in e's past release history have we actually broken versions and not incremented a version numerically from
the previous one - there just is no need to use debian's epoch.
fan-bloody-tastic. :(

I mentioned this a while ago. The debian packages on edevelop.org have been setting the epoch version to 2: for a long time now.

-Blake